Want to use your skills to help others? Become a volunteer!
The Forth Valley has an amazing amount of eco-volunteering opportunities, from film editor and workshop leader, to online cooking assistant and driver. Take a look at what’s on offer and sign up!
We’re looking for talented people to help with our One Planet Forth Valley project.
- Community Fridge – helping to collect food from supermarkets and monitor and run the fridge. Please note, this will not be running until lockdown restrictions have eased. This is not a COVID-19 food project.
- Furniture Upcycling – help with OPFV’s upcycling workshops and use your expertise to show people how to bring their items back to life. Via Zoom right now, but in person soon.
- Fabric Upcycling – help OPFV demonstrate sewing skills and techniques to enable people make new from old. Via Zoom right now, but in person soon.
- Swap Shops – help set up and run the events.
- Sewing Workshops – use your skills to teach people how to repair clothes and make alterations. Via Zoom right now, but in person soon.
- Online Hub – help us by writing copy and assisting with the design
FEL are looking for volunteers with an interested in food and gardening to help with a range of projects:
Volunteers wanted who have experience in editing short films which can be uploaded onto our YouTube channel.
Your role would be to assist the Climate Kitchen & Garden Project team with editing short gardening and cooking films. You would be working at home but would be supported by the FEL Team.
We are looking for people who are experienced in using editing packages for short film’s and are happy to work on their own initiative. Full guidance and support would be given.
Community Food Film Maker
If you are passionate about food and would like to share your cooking skills with others why not become a Community Food Film Maker. We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about food and sharing the message about local and seasonal food and are good communicators who are comfortable on camera.
Your role would be to assist the Climate Kitchen & Garden Project with making short cooking films using the technology that you have at home. We can assist with editing. Full training would be provided around the messages that Forth Environment Link are sharing.
Some knowledge or experience of filming and technology would be useful but is not essential.
Volunteer Zoom Cooking Assistant
If you enjoy using local and seasonal food in your cooking why not support Forth Environment Link and become a Zoom Cooking Assistant.
Your role would be to support the Climate Kitchen & Garden Community Cook with Zoom cooking sessions. You would be cooking along at home but offering support to a small group of participants who would be cooking in their own homes. The sessions would also include conversations about climate change, local and seasonal food, with full training provided.
We are looking for people who are passionate about food and the environment and have excellent communication skills.